Will Rebuild at Havre De Grace, Daily Racing Form, 1913-12-09


view raw text

WILL REBUILD AT HAVRE DE GRACE. New York, December S. While no definite announcement has been made by the Harford Agriculture and Breeders Association of their plans for next season, is is learned on excellent authority that plans have been drawn for a new grandstand. It will be remembered that the stand at Havre le Grace was destroyed by fire iu October. Shortly after that it was reported that the field stand of the Coney Island Jockey Club at Sheepshead Bay had been purchased and would be moved to the Maryland course. Secretary V. E. Schaumberg of the Coney Island Club denied this rumor and now comes the news that plans have been made-for a new structure. The stand that was destroyed was a comfortable but in no sense elaborate building, and it is presumed that the success that attended racing there will induce the erection of a better structure. It will also be necessary to build a new clubhouse. After Matt J. Winn took charge of the racing at Laurel lie brought about many changes and improvements at that track and before the meeting next fail there will be many others. Improvements that are already under way contemplate the erection of a clubhouse, the moving of the show building to one end of the property and the erection of a stadium and various other buildings. All of this work was definitely mapped out by Mr. Winn before he went to Juarez.

Persistent Link: https://drf.uky.edu/catalog/1910s/drf1913120901/drf1913120901_1_11
Local Identifier: drf1913120901_1_11
Library of Congress Record: https://lccn.loc.gov/unk82075800