Off Day at Belmont Park: Friar Rock Fails in an Attempt to Defeat Harry Shaw at a Mile, Daily Racing Form, 1915-09-04


view raw text

OFF DAY AT BELMOKT PARK "r * FRIAR ROCK FAILS IN AN ATTEMPT TO DEFEAT HARRY SHAW AT A MILE. i Fernrork Makes Amends and Defeats Sky Pilot and 1 , i , • Jacoba — Sir William Johnson and Lady Teresa Reward Confident Support. jj N-v.- fork, September :: Well-hacked horses were ■ h mi, ~-ik-i- — »-1 hi today and, despite yesterdays - I tl shake-ap in the ranks of the layers, oral wagering • « proceeded quietly. Serenil of the largest operators - I a at « Ill- absent, following ■ suggestion that they re- ■ « in. i In m u a lur a few daja at leasl. , August Bel nts Friar Bock attempted to defeat t U ■ good band ;il ■ n - mile ill lie Port Washington i Handicap tor all-aged horse-, but found the task i | to i" grain. Harry Shaw, with the beat of the • 1 weights by the -rah- over tin- two-year-old, waa s i returned a handy winner. .1. McTaggart, arho i I the IHIHIHl on I riar Rock, i laimed a tout 1 i against the winner, contending he waa farced lo pull tii» on the far tarn, but ii was n r allowed. n The Belmont -t: !■!-■ was more successful in the e t handicap for two-year-olds, when Fernroek took t the meaaore of Skv ri.oi and Jacobs, essaying her , Irsl atari In the rotors ol the Shoshone Stable. , :- Tin- latter showed the most speed for the teat half : mile, but tired badly In the linal quarter. Sir Willi. mi Johnson, liberally bio ked at Rood odds, look the lb. irsl rare over a big band 01 J platen and Ladj Teresa, alsi heavily backed, • I scored over Borgo and All Smiles in the third. The , Qulncy Stables representative raced into the lead : in the quarter t" win by a sale aaargin. i FSullivaa, showing improvement over his la-t pre- " i vions atari at Saratoga, look the fifth fr Be* " , ijiMii.-e after a hard stretch drive. Jockej Bnrltngame piloted three winners in Sir I j William Johnson, Lady Teresa and OSuUivan. 3 i . s. wils .in. who owned and trained Ivan Gardner, ■ 1- on tie- look. ait for racers which he will earn- -naign uiir the Maryland tracka and ai New Orleans. ;- lue attendance was fair in spite of the activity v ] of tae distret attorney against violations of the p 1 anti-betting law. The men arrested yesterday will II appear tonight before Magistrate Jones for a hear j big. The state 1- not considered as baring a strong 8 case, , some of tin* Futurity candidates worked this ls A morning In a satisfactory manner. Prinsero was sent it a I al! in 47% ami Vermont three -eighths in :. A his: attendance is looked forward to tomorrow-. a-, with the futurity as the feature, an unusually good program ha- been arranged, Belmont Park workouts 011 the main track, with the going last : Haraac Half mile in 49. Camellia Hall mile in 49. aruian 1 Ire ei_-htlis in 1 : i:: ,. Dancer -Five-eighths in 1 :ll. Iielaneey -Half mile in etc |list;H|t Shore Mil,.- ill |;.-,t. Forecast Mile in I :.".4. Handful! Half mile ill .*:.. liana on Half milein •" ". High Horse Halt mile in :,li. Iron Bnke flue.- eighths in :.T. Kaskaskla Half mile in .». Lady Botha Half mile in 50%. Phosphor flu ,,• ,|iiai 1.1s in |:24 roll. Connelly Three-eighths in 34%. Prime- 0 —Half mile in 47%. Unarm- Three-quarters in 1:19%. Siiarpsli.K.t.r Mil,, in 1:44. Snort Brass Three-quarters in 1:16. Si. Isidore Fire eighths in 1 Mil. Sir Vivhtn Hall mile in 49%. The Finn Three-eighths in :I7. Tbornbill Seven-eighths in 1 :.!0. Top Hat- Mile in 1 t:,-,. 1 rinoiit — Three-eighths in 36. V.K.dviiie Half mile in is. ill Imanl Park work-outs over the training track vie; e: Ai niaiiieiit ! lb in 1 :.",!•. Coinolv — Mile in 1 :48%. DaddyS Choi. • -Throe eighths in 37%. Gnat Mile iii 1:4b. Last Chance Three-qnartera In 1:26%. Little Nearer Mali mile in Rl. Mead,, weril. Three-eighths in 37%. 1, 1 I, b- Mil.- in 1 :4S4,. PI mtlA*— Three-eighths in 37%. Presumption Half mile in . Kneany Half mile in m.

Persistent Link:
Local Identifier: drf1915090401_1_2
Library of Congress Record: