Sheepshead Bay Track Improvements., Daily Racing Form, 1908-06-24


view raw text

SHEEPSHEAD BAY TRACK IMPROVEMENTS New York June 23 The improvements at Sheeps ¬ head Bay have made the famous race track one of the finest in the world The main track Is one mile and threequarters in circumference while it is possible by the use of a chute to run a race of one mile and fivesixteenths with only one turn turnThe The clubhouse has been remodeled and enlarged a feature being a ladies dining room on the ground floor with a cafe and restaurant for men above It A portion of the grandstand next to the clubhouse has been set aside for private boxes with the usual line of boxes In the upper tier The clubhouse In closure has been enlarged so that the gate where badges are shown has been moved up to within a few feet of the judges stand That portion of space underneath the clubhouse end of the grandstand which was formerly used by trainers and horsemen has been set aside for the use of the exclusive set The field stand has been lengthened 211 feet almost doubling the seating capacity so that now there arc seats in the various structures for more than 15000 spectators These Improvements cost the Coney Island Jockey Club close to 200000

Persistent Link:
Local Identifier: drf1908062401_2_5
Library of Congress Record: