view raw text
IMPROVEMENTS AT DOUGLAS PARK. Louisville. Ky., December 20. Improvements at the plant of the Douglas Park Jockey Club, which were started at the close of the fall meeting, have been completed tinder tlm direction of Charles A. Nolte, superintendent of the course, at a cost of about ,500. Evergreens have been added to the lawn and a flower garden laid out about the timers stand. The spacious lawn between the grandstand and paddock-will present an invitation ever more insistent than at the 1914 meetings, when it was one of the mot popular features of this track. Mr. Nolte believes the flower garden in the inllcld will add much to the view from the grirlidstand. Increased facilities in the betting ring also have been provided for. The first electrically-lighted stable on any Kentucky course now is located at Manager John Haeh-meistcrs track. The big barn below the paddock has been equipped throughout with lights. John W. Schorr alone has thirty horses quartered iu this stable for the winter, aud the innovation has met with the warm approval of those In charge- of this thoroughbreds wintering there.