Authorization of Change of New Tracks Name Given Approval, Daily Racing Form, 1954-06-17


view raw text

Authorization ofChangeof New Tracks Name Given Approval EAST ST. LOUIS, 111., June 16. James G. Hopkins, executive manager of Cahokia Downs, received the following letter from the Illinois Racing Board on June 11 authorizing the changing of the name for the new three-quarter mile race track located in East St. Louis, 111., from Cahokia Downs, Inc. to the East St. Louis Jockey Club, Inc. "On May 13, 1954, the Illinois Racing Board, at its regular meeting, upon the filing of an application by John Stelle, executive manager, and Schaefer ONeill, trustee; for the Cahokia, Inc., voted the dates allotted to Cahokia Downs be given the name of the East St. Louis Jockey Club, Inc., an Illinois corporation, for the principal reason that they felt that since Cahokia Downs is a new track, that it would be better to identify it with a geographic location that would be known throughout the United States."

Persistent Link:
Local Identifier: drf1954061701_6_3
Library of Congress Record: